2019 is over let's March on

Finally, we are coming to a close of yet another year into another decade. As we March on into 2020, I wish to offer my thoughts about my take on 2019.

In 2019, a lot happened and most affected each and everyone in Kenya and some extend the world. To begin with, we witnessed the US-China trade war that saw the Chinese Yuan dramatically lose value against major currencies of the world.

However, in late December, it was reported that Beijing and Washington had finalized phase one of the trade deal that was expected to be penned sometimes in 2020.
"the U.S. and China are said to be close to signing a phase-one trade deal in early January  a move that will see Washington reduce tariffs on Chinese goods, or at least temporarily calm fears of an escalating trade war between the world's two largest economies." - voanews.com reported

Also in the year we witnessed the historic impeachment of Donald Trump by Democrats led house of representatives making him the third to have that awkward and weird piece of history in his chronology. Although it appeared to be a partisan push, many Republicans in and out of the house of representatives claimed that impeaching Trump was actually on to do list for democrats long before he was sworn in office in 2017. 

You can recall the letter Trump wrote to the speaker of the house of representatives Nancy Pelosi and the Anagrams in it of 'Fuck You Cunt'? That's politics as made in America. 

Coming back to Africa, The guys in the south of the continent were at it again. This time bankrupting Nigerians working in South Africa. They claimed they were taking all their opportunities and I wondered how. 

Guys, did you actually remember comrade Robert Gabriel Mugabe actually accepted to finally die. The veteran politician was misreported to have been the first post independence president of Zimbabwe yet the truth is he was the second president after Canaan Banana who was the head of state from 1980-1986.

Guys did you remember that Mugabe memorial service Saw an empty stadium. Actually, guys don't overstay in power. You become just a problem they struggle with every single day of their lives. 

Going North, Kenya finally participated in Africa Cup of Nations and were drawn against Senegal, Tanzania and eventual champions Algeria. Well we just beat Tanzania who are yet to win a match in afcon. Still in Kenya, the country has finally for a long time bragged about stability in its naval service only to let Mariam and her daughter spend 13 days under water. Well double standards for our nation. We demand better in 2020.

Still here in Kenya, governors can't protect money entrusted to them. I can't speak farther. 

MY 2019

Well, I wish to first give thanks to God for mercy and grace he granted me through out 2019. Personally, I had a year that I would wish to never remember for the tragedies that befell me one after the other.

On January 26, I resigned my job as Business manager at a local enterprise I may not mention. This was the right decision but the time was not appropriate at all. I kept struggling to get my life going and found finally on February 11 I secured a much reduced deal with Erastus Mutua that lasted upto May 9th when he pulled out of the deal.

I was forced to purchase the business without bettand struggled to have it remain afloat until October when I decided to suspend every business activity until 2020. Some decisions were not easy to make but were necessary and I am currently working on a deal that I have communicated to my close associates.

I wish to thank my close friends whom we have survived this tides together. At the summit is Juliana. Others include Abigael Ndanu, my One and only Titus Mutie Makile, Stephen Ngovi, Adam's Kioko and others whom I may not acknowledge. Let's march together into 2020 and keep supporting me and we shall go far.

It's time to tell the story and am ready we do just that. Happy 2020 and lets keep moving on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Need Advocacy Journalism in Africa

Parties have hard options as parties in CORD have 1 day to go

Uhuru Kenyatta Cant Implement Land Reforms